Green Seal Program
Green Seal is an independent organization that sets environmental standards for a variety of consumer products, from light bulbs and engine oil to air conditioning and heating systems. Green Seal establishes standards in order to:
- help consumers understand how they can help reduce air and water pollution
- cut the waste of natural resources
- slow ozone depletion and the risk of global warming
- prevent toxic contamination and protect fish and wildlife in their habitat
Products must earn the right to carry the Green Seal logo, which is a national, independent, third-party certification that cannot be bought; it must be earned.
The standards established by Green Seal incorporate a product's entire life cycle, and cover the following areas, among others:
- The Manufacturing Facility
- The Production Process
- Materials Used In Production
- Product Performance
- Energy Efficiency
- Noise Level
- Product Labeling
- Promotional Materials
- Product Installation and Instructional Materials
- Product Disposal and/or Recycling Capability
- Product Safety
Comfort Air offers a complete family of air conditioners and heat pumps which
refrigerant. This product family has earned the Green
Many leading brands continue to develop new equipment designs to take advantage of innovations in refrigerants and other earth-friendly technologies. We are currently working directly with refrigerant manufacturers and other suppliers to provide homeowners with the ultimate combination of environmental benefits, efficiency and value.
For more information on the Green Seal program, contact Green Seal directly at (202) 331-7337.